Feed the Body & SoulFebruary 10, 2016
Tired of the weather always cancelling your plans? Have no fear! The 12th Annual Fairmont Ice Bowl & Chili Cook Off is here!
The event will not be cancelled, regardless of the weather!
The 12th Annual Fairmont Ice Bowl is combining for the first time, a Chili Cook Off Contest for for an action-packed day at Morris Park.
Whether you’re a year-round competitive disc golf addict, a casual once-a-month type of player or a newbie, you’ve probably heard someone mention an “Ice Bowl”.
But what is an Ice Bowl?
The Ice Bowl is a National Charity disc golf program that raises donations for local food banks. The event is always held in January or February as this is the time of year that donations to Food Banks are lowest.
As disc golf has grown over the years, so have the amount of Ice Bowl events. As more and more players began competing in these charitable tournaments, the amount of money and corresponding pounds of food raised for the fight against hunger has been nothing short of astonishing.
What You Need To Know
- This event is Saturday, February 20th at Morris Park (off Pleasant Valley Road)
- Registration: 8:00am-9:30am
- Registration fee: $25 per player plus one can of food
- All participants are encouraged to raise funds
- Raise $50 = $10 discount on entry fee
- Raise $100 = FREE ENTRY
- (bring donated funds day of event)
- Also, Unlimited Mulligans for $1 each
- The first 50 players will receive a complimentary 2016 Ice Bowl Stamped Disc!
- Plus, you also get to enjoy a warming chili lunch with a bonfire….mmm toasty!
Chili Cook Off
Enter your favorite recipe for $20. Not much of a cook? That’s fine too! The public can eat and judge the competitors chili for just $10!
- Prizes will be given to the top 3 recipes
- Food to share and donations for lunch are always welcome!
Whether you’re a resident of Marion County, or just passing through, we welcome everyone to have fun at our annual fundraiser. All of the proceeds will benefit the Fairmont Soup Opera. Help us reach our charitable goal of $3,000, plus 250 pounds of food!
Questions? Contact the Event Director, Joshua Smith or Phil Burton at email@example.com
To learn more about The Soup Opera’s mission to “Feed the Hungry,” please visit their Facebook page.