Discover the best things to do in the Middle of Everywhere.
From historical exhibitions and live music to annual festivals and holiday celebrations, find amazing events all year long in Marion County. Sign up for our newsletter to never miss an upcoming event!
Please Note: A number of events have been postponed and/or canceled. Please check the website or social media pages of each individual event or contact the event organizers directly for the most up-to-date information.
- This event has passed.
EHQ Valley Falls 6 & 12 Hour Race
May 7 @ 7:00 am - 7:00 pm$75 – $100
Test your endurance at the EHQ Valley Falls 6 & 12 Hour race! With 750′ of vertical gain per ~5.25-mile loop, it’s not an easy course!
Gravel service roads, single track trails, streams, rocky climbs, rolling trails, and of course the beautiful falls – this beautiful West Virginia state forest has a bit of everything!
Trails will be very clearly marked.
Course runs counterclockwise for 2022! (was clockwise for 2021)
- Race starts below Shelter 1 on the gravel road, running towards the park entrance.
- First .3 miles are an immediate incline on the paved entry road toward the entry of Deer Trail on the right. White blazes.
- Mile .3 to 1.5 are on a downhill gravel road before a sharp left to continue Deer Trail. White blazes.
- Mile 1.5 to 2.1 continue along Deer Trail before a sharp right and uphill climb on Red Fox. White to Red blazes.
- Mile 2.1 to 2.4 on Red Fox to the entry road, take a right up to the aid station. Red blazes to the road.
- From the aid station, cross the road toward the park exit and take left onto Wild Turkey. Road to Blue blazes.
- Wild Turkey is a short .1 mile uphill climb before a right turn onto Dogwood Trail. Rejoice! You’re now at the top of the course! Yellow blazes.
- Mile 2.6 to 3.4 are on Dogwood Trail before a left onto Rhododendron Trail. Yellow blazes to White blazes.
- Mile 3.4 to 5.25 are all on the downhill Rhododendron Trail to the gravel parking lot. Continue to Shelter 1 to complete the loop. White blazes.