Discover the best things to do in the Middle of Everywhere.
From historical exhibitions and live music to annual festivals and holiday celebrations, find amazing events all year long in Marion County. Sign up for our newsletter to never miss an upcoming event!
Please Note: Be sure to check the website or social media pages of each individual event or contact the event organizers directly for the most up-to-date information.
- This event has passed.
Family Fishing Day
April 19, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pmFREE
In partnership with the WV Department of Natural Resources, MCPARC is hosting their 20th annual Family Fishing Day at Curtisville Lake.
Registration begins at 9:30 am and fishing starts at 10 am.
Fishing license required for those 15 and older. DNR officers will be present to assist children.
Directions to Curtisville Lake:
- From Fairmont: Take Route 250 North out of Fairmont towards Mannington.
- When you reach the Town of Mannington, take a left on Main Street, (there are brown signs for Curtisville Lake).
- Main St. turns into Rt. 1 and passes the Mannington Fairgrounds.
- Stay on Rt. 1 for about 5 miles just past Logansport.
- Take a left on Curtisville Pike (Rt.7).
- Go about a mile and the lake is on the left.