I Scream Marion WV
Marion County's ice cream photo contestSeptember 20, 2019
Fall is less than two months away so that means we need to hurry up and eat lots the ice cream!
Not that anyone really needs any encouragement to shovel scoops of sugary goodness into their mouths, but we thought we’d provide a little incentive anyway . . .
Hit up your favorite ice cream joint and snap a selfie with your favorite ice cream treat. Post it to social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and use the hashtag #IScreamMarionWV. Why? For a chance to win a gift certificate to one of Marion County’s beloved ice cream restaurants. We’ll give out six gift certificates to six lucky Marion/ice cream lovers.
Post your pics by Friday, August 6th and 6 photos will be randomly chosen. The winners will be notified through social media on August 9th.
Now you need to know where to go. Luckily, here are some suggestions . . .
- Dairy Creme Corner is filled floor to ceiling with the tallest ice cream cones your eyeballs have ever seen. Get something like their Sno-Biz Super Sundae, Upside Down Banana Split or do yourself a favor and try a caramel sundae made with green apple flavor burst, topped with peanuts! It tastes just like a caramel apple without the work!
- Dairy Kone has scoop after scoop of peanut butter, blueberry, cheesecake – you know, deliciousness turned into frozen treats. Try a peanut butter pie blitz, a chocolate blueberry sundae, and/or a cone dipped in gummy bears!
- Our Back Porch will top anything off with ice cream. Ice cream topped cheesecake, ice cream topped chocolate chip cookie, ice cream topped pumpkin roll, ice cream topped cobbler – the list goes on and on. Ever tried their Banana Cream Pie Parfait or Pineapple Shortcake?
- We aren’t saying you have to eat a nine-pound banana split, but The Poky Dot is kind of famous for it. Maybe you would rather have a simple candy milkshake. If by simple you understand it will be topped with candy bars, cookies, whipped topping, sprinkles, and of course, a cherry on top!
- Pufferbelly’s Ice Cream Station has decadence in a sundae, a scoop, a shake, and a cake. Decide among Magical Unicorn (sweet cream ice cream swirled with cherry and blue raspberry rainbows lemon candy flakes) or Cream and Praline (self-explanatory) or Peanut Butter Pretzel Paradise (ice cream concoction of peanut butter, pretzels, and paradise – if it wasn’t already clear).
- If you long for that true diner vibe, then a stop at DJ’s ’50s & ’60s Diner is in order. Step back in time with traditional shakes, floats, and sundaes.
You now know where to go. You know what to eat. And you know what to do!