5 Ways to Find Your Bliss All Summer Long With Yoga in MarionMay 17, 2022
Whether you live here, want to come to visit or you’re just passing through, we all need peaceful moments, sunshine, and beauty. Marion County is able to offer all three!
Yoga and summer go hand-in-hand here. When the benefits of yoga (better posture, blood flow, and flexibility) combine with the benefits of being outside in Marion (improved vitamin D levels, sleep, and blood pressure), nothing can get you down!
- Experience the loveliness of yoga in the lavender field at Stonehouse Lavender! Lavender season is estimated to begin the second week of June, so check their Facebook for classes! *No skill required. (Keep your eyes open for the U-Pick days they host, complete with lavender lemonade!)
- Have allergies? Stay inside and find a class any day of the week and any time of the year at Main Street Yoga! They host classes of all levels, so don’t be intimidated to start moving and relaxing in Marion. Check out their calendar and class descriptions to find the right one for you!
- Palatine Park will again be hosting Yoga in the Park all summer long! Enjoy the beautiful, wide-open space of the park with WV Yoga Girl, Sheray Efaw at 7 p.m. every Tuesday (until August 30). Remember to bring a mat or blanket, and some water, and sign up beforehand. Check Facebook for updates and weather-related information. *No skill required.
- Marion County Parks and Recreation is following suit! They’re hosting Yoga in the Park, or as I like to call it Yoga in a Different Park. Leave your tennis gear at home when you head to the tennis courts at East Marion Park. Yoga will be there from 5-6 p.m. Mondays and from 7-8 p.m. Thursdays. Did we mention it’s free to Marion County residents? Because it is! *No skill required.
- There’s more, a whole festival more! Blissful Yoga Festival will be from 2-8 p.m. on June 5 at Palatine Park. There will be yoga, kids yoga, live music, yoga, vendors, and yoga! It’s also – you guessed it – free!
Check out the amazing yoga lineup:
2:00 Kids Yoga
2:30 Beginners Yoga
3:30 All levels of Vinyasa Flow
4:30 Slow Flow Vinyasa
5:30 Invigorating Vinyasa
6:30 Blissful Flow
7:30 Sound Healing
So whether you’re new to yoga or you’ve done it for years, we hope you discover and enjoy the peace and calm that yoga – and Marion – brings.