Zombie Farm, Running on FearSeptember 29, 2014
Marion County has had so many races this year— 5Ks, 10Ks, half-marathons— all kinds of racing fun!
Though now, these races are starting to get serious, and maybe even… dangerous.
It can’t be too bad, right? The next race, a 5k? Well, that’s at a farm. Little piggies, maybe some duckies, a puppy dog. What could go wrong?
We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog for an urgent update.
Attention! [¡Atención!] There has been a viral outbreak. [Se ha producido un brote viral.] Please, we ask that you keep calm and run on. [Mantenga la calma y ejecutar.]
A vaccine has been found. In order to survive, you must get to Sector 5. The Corporation has swept the area between Sector 2 (starting line) through Sector 5 (finish line). Do not stray from this area. The outlying areas have not been swept.
Full zombies will be noted with the large X on their foreheads. These are to be avoided in all circumstances. They may be fast or slow. Speed does not mean safe. Do not play with the zombies. I repeat, do not play with zombies. They are not more afraid of us than we are of them. They are not animals. They are the undead.
Make it to Sector 5 if you can, before you become one of them.
Run for your life! The zombies are attacking! Watch the preview video!
- Dawn of The Race is a zombie infested, off road, death-defying 5K race! (Do zombies defy death, or just avoid it?)
- Register as a runner or a zombie at www.dawnoftherace.com
- Save $10 by registering before Oct. 15.
- Day of Race: $45
- Pre-registered racers are guaranteed a T shirt, medal and day-of-race goody bag. Sign up now!
- There will be 4 heats: 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m., noon and 12:30 p.m.
- Heston Farm will offer food and wine (additional cost) at the Zombie Survival After Party! There will also be entertainment from The Renfields and other bands.
Blog Author: Leah Nestor