Robert H. Mollohan, Jefferson St. Bridge
After undergoing a restoration amounting to $23.5 million, this "Million Dollar Bridge" reopened on Oct. 27, 2000. Originally opened to traffic in 1921, the bridge was one of the earliest reinforced concrete arch bridges in the country and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Crossing the Monongahela River, rail lines, and city streets, the 1,266-foot structure is three graceful arch rings designed by the Concrete Steel Engineering Company of New York. It was built by the John F. Casey Company of Pittsburgh.