Discover the best things to do in the Middle of Everywhere.
From historical exhibitions and live music to annual festivals and holiday celebrations, find amazing events all year long in Marion County. Sign up for our newsletter to never miss an upcoming event!
Please Note: Be sure to check the website or social media pages of each individual event or contact the event organizers directly for the most up-to-date information.
Spring Events at the Folklife Center
March 26 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
One event on March 31, 2023 at 5:00 pm
One event on April 6, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on April 14, 2023 at 7:00 pm
One event on April 16, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The Frank & Jane Gabor West Virginia Folklife Center is hosting a series of workshops, concerts, and events this spring.
The Folklife Center’s Spring 2023 event schedule is as follows:
- Sunday, March 26, at 2 p.m., the Folklife Center presents Dr. Travis Stimeling and Mary Linscheid, who will share their lecture titled “Gravestones, Cemetery Plants, and the Upper Mon Valley Deathscape.”
- Friday, March 31, at 5 p.m., the Folklife Center hosts Kestrel’s Celebration.
- Thursday, April 6, at 6 p.m., the Folklife Center hosts Master Gardner Emily Reitz and her workshop “The 10 Herbs You Should Know.”
- Friday, April 14, the West Virginia Storytelling Guild presents their spring concert at the Folklife Center, which is titled “Tadpole Tales: We are Hatchin’ and Hoppin.’”
- Sunday, April 16, at 2 p.m., the Folklife Center hosts award-winning flatfoot dancer Lou Maiuri. Mr. Mairuri will provide a demonstration and flatfoot lesson along with the Kennedy Barn String Band.
All events are free except the April 14 event, which is free for students (with student ID) and a $10 suggestion donation for community members. In addition to events, the Folklife Center is open to visitors from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday.