10 Ways To End Your Winter Hibernation In MarionMarch 9, 2022
The birds are chirping, and the sun is shining. Spring has almost sprung! And so will the clocks! We can leave our warm dens for warm rays and our sweaters for shorts.
Come out of hibernation in Marion County and feel the sun on your face and wind in your hair. There are ten things you have to try outside in Marion County this spring.
Like golf? We have it – in every form!
- Disc golf in Marion: Morris Park has the best two disc golf courses in the region. Start practicing now for the Mellow Day in May Tournament.
- Go golfing in Marion: We have quite a few actual golf courses for the avid or not-so-avid golfer.
- Need some practice first? Take a few swings at Marion’s new indoor golf simulator, The Turn. Get golf gear here, or get your gear fixed here, too. Once you’re ready for the next step, take it to the greens at White Hall Driving Range.
- Don’t need any practice? Go straight to Coal Country Miniature Golf for fun times and good putting. Springtime means spring hours: They’re open for putt-putt fun when the weather is nice.
Got nature? We have enough to share.
- Valley Falls State Park: Original trails plus a few new adventures added just this year! Take a stroll, a hike, or a ride and enjoy the beauty of the Mountain Mama.
- See some avian sights at Pricketts Fort State Park, a prime birding spot with educational events, to help you get the most out of your bird watching.
- It’s not always enough to see nature. Catch it when you can! Marion County Parks and Recreation Commission will host their annual Family Fish Day on April 15 at Curtisville Lake & Campground. Can’t make it? Take the fam to fish starting April 23 at Guyses Run Fishing Park.
Or just take it easy.
- A new season calls for new clothes. The annual Community Garage Sale in Fairmont will have plenty of pickings from all over the county on April 16.
- The opening date for Dairy Creme Corner is right around . . . the corner. On March 19, get ice cream so big you’ll need to bring the family, friends, and furbabies to help you eat it all.
- Once you’ve golfed, hiked, biked, birded, and shopped, grab a beer and have a seat. Short Story Brewing has beer on tap made lovingly on-site with a sun-soaked deck for your springtime drinking pleasure.
What’s your favorite springtime activity?